Saturday, October 31, 2015

Simple Easy: Chick Pea Quickie



These days, I'm usually famished by the time I'm done with my own yoga practice, which on a good day is about 2 hours, that's usually after teaching three hours from 6-9am in a Mysore room--which pretty much means serious physical labor. My breakfast is also my lunch and I want something hearty and warming in a hurry.

A can of organic ready to eat chickpeas is like manna from heaven. And I've taken to making sure I have a couple of cans of it for those days that I don't want to fuss with much preparation.

Above is a simple easy recipe that takes no more than 10-15 minutes. The grain is buckwheat, which cooks faster than rice and digests just as well, is rich in amino acids and in protein. All the vegetable is pre-washed. All I had to do was chop the onion.

Chick Pea Quickie
1 can chickpeas
sweat peas
small onion, chopped
arugula leaves
mustard seed
cumin seed
himalyan salt
black pepper ground
coconut oil
sesame oil
tamari sauce

Sauté the mustard seed and cumin seen in coconut oil, add onions and cook till translucent. Add chick peas, then sweet peas, sprinkle on some sesame oil and tamari sauce. Add a bit of water. Let cook. Top with arugula which will wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Tada, simple easy! Quick as lightning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment